Trends seem to change with the seasons. Well, it’s fall again, and you can be sure that there are new things in store! But don’t get too stressed out trying to keep up, though. This year, the biggest trends in home decorating are all about your personal style!
- Your Finds, Your Style – Love those fall flea markets? You’re in luck! Eclectic and unique and one-of-a-kind finds can be the perfect decorative focal point in a room. From mismatched teacups, to skeleton keys in a shadowbox, to wooden children’s toys or antique silverware – display your favorite finds using a unique arrangement.
- Be Bold – From geometric wall coverings to brightly colored accessories, make a statement! Fill an empty, blank, or colorless space with bright textured pillows, high contrast accessories and furniture to create a memorable design.
- Tone it to Neutral – If you prefer a more subdued impact, use texture and shape rather than color and contrast. Try grass-cloth wall coverings, 3D shapes, or fur pillows or blankets to add dimension without bright colors.
- Design Your Story – Let a room tell your story. Build your space around a specific item like a collection of books, an antique rug, or a favorite piece of contemporary furniture. Make it stand out by planning all other aspects of the space around the element that tells your story.
- Curated Collections – From a wooden chess set, to a crank turntable, to antique silverware – the only rule is that you collect and display what you love! The cost, brand – even the condition – is irrelevant. The more quirky and whimsical, the better!